Short term vision (1-3 years)
- Explainability of the AI algorithms and systems through Visual Analytics techniques
- Transparent AI to inspect, reproduce, and control, and monitor decisions making process
- Data Transport protocols for trans-continental P2P and P2MP data distribution
- Protocols for high-efficient data delivery via mobile and wireless networks
- Development of efficient and interactive Big Data Visualization methods
- Energy efficient big data processing in compute nodes of distributed data centers
- Methodology and applications of geospatial analysis and deep learning on satellite data
Long term vision based on trends in the relevant scientific areas (4-20 years)
- Novel AI-aided algorithms and systems for high-speed data transmission for servicing large amounts of data.
- AI for data distribution in edge– and fog computing environments.
- Trusted human-centric AI systems that provide safe, transparent, reliable, understandable big data processing in the different spheres of human life, including e-health, e-learning, e-agriculture etc.
- Models for describing semi-structured data and complex non-stationary processes, including algorithms for recognizing hidden patterns in Big Data of different nature for analysis and forecasting of the behavior of complex systems.
- New types of AI models based on hybrid neural networks, fuzzy logic, genetic algorithms.
- Smart communication infrastructure control for the telecom industry 5.0 built on fuzzy knowledge bases.