To prepare an implementation concept for establishing a German-Ukrainian Center of Excellence (CoE) conducting research on Data Analysis methods as well as on BigData transport infrastructures based on AI-aided algorithms.
This Center of Excellence targets expanding German-Ukrainian research cooperation and solving the scientific and applied problems of the recovery of Ukraine from the war by:
- establishing a sustainable trans-national research group of highly skilled personnel
- active use of modern technologies to solve the priority tasks of the recovery of Ukraine from the war
- strengthening German-Ukrainian development of innovations
- increasing knowledge and technology transfer in the AI and Big Data technologies between Germany and East Europe region in basis research and applied
- implementation of win-win cooperation strategy, including opening of high-tech markets and the mutual exchange of researchers and policy makers
- establishing a sustainable international knowledge and innovation network
Financial sustainability of the CoE will be achieved through planned participation in leading research programs of the EU, in national and transnational funding calls in Germany and Ukraine, and in acquiring industrial money for applied research and advanced development in direct industrial contracting. Besides this, possibilities for governmental financing in the Ukraine shall be negotiated with the ministries, including in the context of the projects of the National Council for the Recovery of Ukraine from the War.